A reference copy of the Community Forest Management Agreement (CFMA) signed between the People of Korninga B Community Forest and the Forestry Development Authority (FDA) of Liberia. It was signed on 31 August 2018. It has a duration of 15 years and is located in Bopolu District, Gbarpolu County County. It is adjacent to Korninga A community forest and Kpo Mountains proposed protected area.
It is designated a commercial community forest, and various challenges regarding the community and companies have been documented:
- 17 December 2020: Logging communities in Gbarpolu County to terminate agreement with Indo African Plantations.
- 7 January 2021: Miners, loggers clash over Gbarpolu forest.
- 23 October 2021: How FDA allows a foreign family hoard forests and hurt communities.
- 18 January 2022: “We want our forest back”- Korninga B forest sues Indo Africa.
- 29 June 2023: FDA illegally cut contract terms and gave companies more forests.
This document was uploaded as part of the NUCFMBdata initiative.