A reference copy of the Community Forest Management Agreement (CFMA) signed between the People of Korninga A Community Forest and the Forestry Development Authority (FDA) of Liberia. It was signed on 17 January 2018. It has a duration of 15 years and is located in Bopolu District, Gbarpolu County County. It is adjacent to Korninga B community forest and Kpo Mountains proposed protected area.
It is designated a commercial community forest, and various challenges regarding the community and companies have been documented:
- 23 December 2019: Two communities sign logging contracts, but sector woes loom.
- 4 January 2021: Logging company begins rehabilitation of major roads in Gbarpolu.
- 7 January 2021: Miners, Loggers Clash over Gbarpolu Forest.
- 18 April 2022: Citizens of Korninga put immediate stop to Coveiyalah.
- 1 October 2022: Community forest leaders in Gbarpolu on trial for allegedly stealing US$76k.
- 9 May 2023: Public Works official accused of abandoning logging community town hall project.
This document was uploaded as part of the NUCFMBdata initiative.